If you thought your iPhone was safe from hackers, you may want to think again.
There’s a new trick that shows you how to unlock your iPhone – or anyone else’s for that matter – without a passcode or thumbprint.
We tried it out for ourselves – and it definitely works.
The video, which was posted on YouTube today by SocialStar, shows you just how easy it is to get past your iPhone’s security by using Siri.
Here’s how you do it:
1. Hold the home button until Siri is activated on your locked iPhone
2. Ask Siri what time it is
3. When Siri shows you the time, click on the clock. It should bring you to the World Clock/Alarm/Stopwatch/Timer screen
4. Select the Timer option
5. Click on ‘When Timer Ends’
6. At the top you’ll see ‘Buy More Tones’, click on it
7. It should bring you to the Apple store. All you need to do now is click on the home button and it’ll bring you to your home screen. No passcode or thumbprint required
And there you have it – a seemingly foolproof way to sneak into someones phone.
If you’re about to point out the fact that you need to use your thumb (usually used for your security thumb print) to click on the home button, and that’s probably why you can get through – don’t worry, we’ve already thought of that, and that’s not it.
After going through the steps listed above, I used the knuckle of my pinky finger to tap on the home screen (no finger prints on that, right?), and got through with no issues.
So much for phone security!
Check out the video and have a go for yourself: